- 100 g Blanched Hazelnuts
- 100 g Blanched Almonds
- 100 g Sunflower Seeds
- 100 g Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Banana, ripe
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tbsp Cacao Nibs
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- Pre heat the oven to 160F fan assisted/gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the hazelnuts, almonds and sunflower seeds in a food processor and pulse until the nuts begin to break down being careful not to turn it all in to powder.
- Put the ground seed & nut mixture in a bowl together with the pumpkin seeds.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in the food processor and mix until it becomes a paste.
- Mix the paste together with the seeds and nuts and spread out on to the lined baking tray.
- Place in the oven for 15 mins, then remove and mix being sure to break the larger clusters (this helps crisp the batch evenly).
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool down.
- Grate the zest of one orange, mix to combine and place in Kilner jar until you're ready to enjoy a bowl full.
My take on a heavenly nut & seed granola, with some extra crunch from cocao nibs – you’ve got to make a batch, it leaves the most delicious smell throughout the house. It’s a regular for me at breakfast, particularly on those days when I’m heading out for a run, it’s got enough goodness to keep me going for that little bit longer. I like to mix with oats and almond milk, and finally sprinkled with blueberries and some orange zest. The perfect start to my day!