I love aubergine and I love miso, so this is the perfect foodie marriage for me. I made this for the Main Event in this months Fakeaway Friday, and it was a real hit!
Spiced Miso Aubergine
Yield: 2 people
FODMAP Friendly, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
- 1 Aubergine
- 2 tbsp Red Miso Paste
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 1/2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 cm Ginger, finely grated
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a jam jar and shack vigurously to combine.
- Quarter the aubergine lengthways, score each quarter being careful not to cut through the skin.
- Place the aubergine in a shallow dish, smear the miso dressing all over and leave cut side down to marinate for half an hour.
- When ready to roast, preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Grab a sheet of baking sheet of baking paper (big enough to wrap around your aubergine and seal) and place your aubergine quarters cut side up and drizzle with a little Rapeseed Oil. Bring the edges together, twist and seal to make a parcel. Roast for 20 minutes and reserve the marinade for later.
- Remove from the oven and open up your parcel. Smear the reserved marinade all over, drizzle with a little more Rapeseed Oil and place back in the oven for 10 minutes, or until soft and caramelised.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a sprinkling of toasted black sesame seeds and chopped green spring onion tops.
This goes perfectly with my Coconut and Coriander Quinoa