These little babies went out last Friday as a final indulgence for all my Takeaway Friday guests and the feedback was epic!
Made purely from cacao with a little maple syrup, this vegan chocolate bite is the perfect mood boosting treat to not only end your meal but your week with.
This lovely lot are topped with a sprinkling of dried raspberries in an attempt to hold on to what’s left of the summer, but you can sprinkle whatever you have lying around in your cupboard – sea salt makes for a great sweetener!
- 65g Cacao Butter
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 50g Raw Cacao Powder
- Freeze Dried Raspberries
- Freeze Dried Raspberry Powder
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper - for consistency, I like to draw circles for each button using a small glass. Once complete, set to one side.
- Prepare a ban marie by adding some water to a pan, bring to a simmer and place a glass, heat proof bowl over the top - make sure the water does not touch the bowl.
- Add the Cacao Butter and melt through.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and add the maple syrup, vanilla bean paste and salt until combined and smooth.
- Sift the Cacao Powder in to the bowl (I like to use a tea strainer for this job, the holes are nice and fine!) and wisk throughly until your chocolate mixture comes together - it should be a fairly thick consistency.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully place a dollop of the chocolate mixture on the lined baking tray using your hand drawn circles as a guide.
- Once all buttons have been laid out and the cacao mixture used, place a sprinkling of Freeze Dried Raspberries in the middle of each chocolate, followed by a sprinkling of Freeze Dried Raspberry Powder.
- Place in the fridge to set for 20-30 mins - then remove and enjoy (trying not to eat the whole batch in one)!