I whipped up a batch of this to go with some dehydrated rhubarb, and orange coconut cream but to be quite frank, it goes with loads of things! Think GF chocolate cake, overnight soaked oats or just on its own. Put it this way, a jar doesn’t last long in my house. Free from refined sugar, it’s so much better for you than the real stuff.
GF, DF, free from refined sugar
- 3 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Large Orange, zest and segments
- 1 tbsp Rice Syrup, or Maple Syrup
- Remove the zest from the orange and place in a blender.
- Remove the remaining pith and segment the orange avoiding the tough membrane. Place segments in the blender with the zest making sure to use all the remaining juice from the membranes before discarding.
- Add the rice syrup and chia seeds, briefly pulse in the blender to mix together, place in a jam jar and stick it in the fridge.
This will thicken up and be ready to eat within the hour and will keep in the fridge for up to a week.