I promised you sprout recipes, here’s a super simple one that’s perfect served either hot or cold.
Shredding the Sprouts helps spread the portion just that bit further, making the FODMAP friendly serving of no more than 3 sprouts easily achievable. What’s more it’s super simple and can be knocked up in 15 minutes, perfect for Christmas Day when you’re spinning 1001 plates!
- 5 Sprouts
- 1 Leek
- 1/2 Lime, zest and juice
- Handful of Chives, finely chopped
- Handful of Walnuts
- 1/2 tsp Spicy Spanish Paprika
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
1. Finely slice the Sprouts and finely chop the green parts of the Leek.
2. Heat a frying pan on a medium to low heat, add the oil and then throw in the Sprouts and Leek. Leave for a minute to caramlise before tossing the pan to move the sprouts and leeks around.
3. Meanwhilst finely chop your chives
4. After around 4 minutes, or when the sprouts and leeks are nicely caramelised all over, turn off the heat. Add the lime zest, juice and chopped chives, toss to coat and place on a serving plate.
5. In a clean frying pan set on a medium heat, add the walnuts and toss to get gently toast. After a few minutes when nicely browned, turn off the heat and add the spicy Spanish paprika, toss to combine and scatter across your zesty sprouts.
If you don't have a lime to hand, a lemon will work just as well.