I promised you sprout recipes, here’s a super simple one that’s perfect served either hot or cold.
Shredding the Sprouts helps spread the portion just that bit further, making the FODMAP friendly serving of no more than 3 sprouts easily achievable. What’s more it’s super simple and can be knocked up in 15 minutes, perfect for Christmas Day when you’re spinning 1001 plates!
Caramelised Sprouts with Spiced Walnuts
FODMAP friendly, Vegan, Gluten Free
- 5 Sprouts
- 1 Leek
- 1/2 Lime, zest and juice
- Handful of Chives, finely chopped
- Handful of Walnuts
- 1/2 tsp Spicy Spanish Paprika
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
1. Finely slice the Sprouts and finely chop the green parts of the Leek.
2. Heat a frying pan on a medium to low heat, add the oil and then throw in the Sprouts and Leek. Leave for a minute to caramlise before tossing the pan to move the sprouts and leeks around.
3. Meanwhilst finely chop your chives
4. After around 4 minutes, or when the sprouts and leeks are nicely caramelised all over, turn off the heat. Add the lime zest, juice and chopped chives, toss to coat and place on a serving plate.
5. In a clean frying pan set on a medium heat, add the walnuts and toss to get gently toast. After a few minutes when nicely browned, turn off the heat and add the spicy Spanish paprika, toss to combine and scatter across your zesty sprouts.
If you don't have a lime to hand, a lemon will work just as well.