- 2 Large Bananas , overripe if tolerated
- 75 g Coconut Oil, melted
- 100 g Coconut Sugar
- 100 ml Almond Milk
- 170 g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 fan assisted, greases and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Peel and mash the bananas with a fork.
- Milx well with the coconut oil, almond milk and coconut sugar.
- At this stage, I like to blitz mine with a hand blender to make the batter totally smooth, I find it gives a lovely, even bake.
- Add all the dry ingredients and gently mix together before pouring in to the loaf tin.
- Place in the oven for 20 mins, check and cover with foil if browning and bake for a further 10 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
I LOOOVE Banana Bread!! I have a favourite haunt in Brighton, they make the most delish banana bread, and for quite some time now I’ve been playing around to recreate what I can quite easily eat everyday! It’s such a versatile loaf, it can be made in so many different variations, but for me, classic is best.
Bananas are both gentle on your stomach and a fab energy provider, making this the perfect mid morning snack. They’re full of fibre and potassium helping regulate heartbeat, blood pressure, and keeping the brain alert
I prefer mine toasted, slathered in almond butter, aka the Aussie way. The addition of the nutrient packed almond butter makes this one powerhouse of an energy snack!