Fodmap friendly, GF, DF, Ve
I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect indulgence for the festive season and I think I’ve found it. Ooh these truffles are sooooo gooood! They’re also bursting full of goodness, oh and did I mention they’re free from lactose 🤗
The main ingredient is avocado 🥑 and we all know the super powers inside this baby 🤗
These little beauties right here are chocolate orange coated in crushed almonds 🍊and chilli chocolate cacao dusted 🌶 truffles.
The perfect little guilt free chocolate bite 💕
Avocado Chocolate Truffles
FODMAP Friendly, GF, DF, Ve
- 2 large Avocado, ripe
- 100 g Cacao, solid, I love Willies Cacao Madagascan Black
- 2 tbsp Cacao powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 4 tbsp Almond Milk
- 4 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 28 g Coconut Oil, Melted
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water - make sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl.
- Stir the chocolate, cacao, vanilla bean paste, almond milk, maple syrup and coconut oil together - add flavour to your truffles at this stage, eg. for orange truffles add 2 tsp orange essence, for coffee truffles add 2 tsp fresh cold espresso and for chilli truffles substitute 5g of coconut oil for chilli oil.
- Blend the chocolate mix with the avocado flesh.
- Chill in a bowl to set overnight (3 hours minimum)
- Roll truffles using two teaspoons and the palm of your hands (be quick, they will melt!).
- Roll in a bowl of your chosen topping - add chopped or ground hazelnuts for orange truffles, ground cacao nibs for vanilla and coffee truffles and cacao powder for chilli truffles.
- Truffles will last for five days in the fridge, if they last that long
1 thought on “Avocado Chocolate Truffles”
Comments are closed.