Stuffed Dates Sprinkle with Magic Plant Power
Everyone needs an easy-to-compile snack recipe in their lives and this is just the one!
Quite simply Medjool dates stuffed with nut butter and topped with some extra plant based goodness.
High in Selenium, Vitamin E, Omega-3 Fatty Acids & Polyphenols
If you’re still in the elimination stage of the FODMAP diet, this recipe might not be for you, but if you know you’re able to tolerate a small amount of dates, just two of these will give you a boost of energy and brain power, perfect to lift you out of a mid morning slump.
I’ve stuffed these dates with a combination of brazil nuts, almonds and walnuts quite simply because together they’re amazing for our brain health. High in selenium, vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids and polyphenols, these powerhouse nuts are more than just delicious.
And to be quite frank, exactly what we need in our house right now if we stand any chance surviving homeschooling!
These couldn’t be easier to make, and are bursting full of plant based fibre, protein, essential vitamins and minerals – feel free to play around and try different nut butters and toppings, it all helps towards increasing plant diversity in our for a happier and healthier gut.
- 6 Medjool Dates
- Nut Butter - I used Brazil Nut, Almond and Walnut Butter
- Oats, Buckwheat Groats, Coconut and Hemp Hearts to sprinkle on top
- Cut the date down the middle from end to end being sure not to cut all the way through.
- Gently prize open and place a teaspoon of nutbutter inside.
- Close the date together leaving a little nut butter flowing out the top.
- Lightly toast a few oats, a handful of buckwheat groats and some coconut and sprinkle generously, along with some hemp hearts over the top of your dates.
- Best enjoyed immediately!
For greater plan diversity, try switching between different nut butters and toppings each time you make these.
I love seeing what you’ve created, if you make this recipe take a photo and tag me in @happy_gut_co